|silicone sealant Features|
• One-component adhesive/sealant
• Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air
• Easy to use/ease of application compared to non-silicone materials
• Cures to a tough, flexible rubber
• Good/excellent unprimed adhesion to most common construction substrates
• Resistant/outstanding resistance to ozone, UV, moisture and temperature extremes
• Stable and flexible from -40ºC to +150ºC
Dow Corning Neutral Plus Silicone Sealant is a cost effective, multi-purpose, neutral cure silicone sealant offering long term durability in a range of general sealing, general glazing, weatherproofing and Professional Trade Applications.
|Supplies-Temperature 25ºC,50% Relative humidity|
|Surface drying time||Minute||19||13|
|Curing after 7 days-Temperature 25ºC,50% Relative humidity|
|Max. tensile strength||MPa||1.2||1.0|
|Elongation at break||%||400||350|
|Temperature stability||ºC||-40 ~ +150||-40 ~ +150|
• Do not use for structural glazing.
• Not recommended for use on materials where the cure by-product (acetic acid vapor) may cause corrosion, discoloration or where the sealant may affect their appearance (eg. galvanized iron, copper, brass, zinc-coated
steel, concrete, cement, brick, limestone, marble and similar highly porous stone finishes).
• Not recommended for continuous water immersion applications.
• Not recommended for joints exceeding ±25% movement.
• Not recommended for use on polycarbonate plastic sheeting. Suitability for use on other types of plastic should be tested prior to application.
• Not recommended for use in below ground joints or trafficable joints where abrasion and physical abuse are encountered.
• Do not use in the sealing or construction of aquariums.
• Paint will not adhere well to sealant (paint before applying sealant).
• Should not be applied to materials that bleed plasticisers or solvents or release by-products that may inhibit its cure, affect adhesion or discolor the sealant (eg. bituminous based adhesives and coatings).
• Do not clean or treat the sealant with materials, solvents or cleaning agents that may affect or discolor the sealant, particularly during sealant cure (Refer to Section 5.).
• Do not apply at temperatures below -5°C.
• Do not use in the manufacture of Insulated Glass (IG) Units.
• All organically extended silicone sealants exhibit higher shrinkage than 100% silicone sealants.
• Should not be used as an interior penetration firestop sealing system.
• Should not be applied to surfaces in direct contact with food or drinking water. This sealant has not been tested to determine status under U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations.
• Not recommended for direct contact on the reflective coatings on mirrors.
• Polyester powder coat paint exhibits a highly variable wax content on the surface. Ensure thorough solvent cleaning.
• Sealant cures by contact with moisture vapor in the air. Not recommended for use in closed or confined areas where sealant cure may be inhibited by lack of air.
DESIGN OF WEATHERPROOF JOINT
Proper joint design can reduce the stress on the sealant and help obtain optimal sealant movement capability,
improve the ease of application, reduce cohesive failure, and minimize the effects of curing byproducts.
1. Minimum joint width: 6mm.
2. Minimum joint depth: 6mm.
3. For larger joints, the width of the joint shall be larger than the depth of sealant. (See Figure 1, and refer
to guidelines 1 and 2 above.)
4. To avoid 3-sided adhesion, backer rod or non-adhesion tape should be used at the bottom of the joint to ensure that the sealant is only adhering to the edge of the joint and to ensure flexible movement in the joint.
HOW TO USE
Clean all joints removing all foreign matter and contaminants such as grease, oil, dust, water, frost, surface
dirt, old sealants or glazing compounds and protective coatings.
What confused you about silicone sealant purchasing?
1. Free Samples?
Free sample, but the customer need to bear the freight.
The MOQ is 100 cartons,16 sausages/carton.
3. Delivery Time?
Within 15 days after the receipt of deposit and confirmed designs.
4. Payment Terms.
30%T/T deposit and 70% balance or L/C at sight.